Can’t eat turkey without gravy? Me neither! Don’t let the absence of a whole bird stop you. Whisk this quick pan sauce together and no one will be the wiser.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon flour
- Bouquet garni* of parsley stems, thyme sprigs, sage leaves, bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- In the same pan that you browned the turkey, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms until they are browned and crispy. Add shallots and garlic and allow them to gently sweat until they are very limp and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Add the flour and whisk to coat the shallots.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock. Add the bouquet garni and simmer over medium low heat until the mixture is thick and creamy.
*Bouquet garni is French for “garnished bouquet”. It is a bundle of fresh herbs that are tied together with kitchen twine and used to flavor soups, stews and sauces