- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) ready-to-serve vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white (cannellini) beans, drained
1 n a Dutch oven or large saucepot, heat oil until hot.
2 Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme; cook and stir until onion is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 7 minutes.
3 Add chicken broth, tomatoes with their liquid, and wine; bring to a boil; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
4 In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew. Stir in remaining beans; heat until hot.
5 Serve immediately with a mound of steamed rice, if desired.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com