This quick coffee trifle is a shortcut for a fancy, elegant dessert. Make it as one large trifle or in smaller sized serving cups for individual desserts. Prep time doesn't include freezer time.
- Prep Time
- 14 chocolate chunk cookies (homemade or store bought)
- 1/3-1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2-1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (12-ounce)
- Cocoa or chocolate shavings
1. Quickly dip each cookie in a bowl with the liqueur and line the bottom of a 10-inch square dish with seven cookies.
2. Slice 2 bananas over cookies and cover with half the whipped topping.
3. Repeat layers.
4. Sprinkle with cocoa and pecans and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Tip: Can also be made as individual portions.