When you have a little extra time and want to make the pizza dough yourself this is the recipe for you. Use with your favorite pizza recipe or try our Mediterranean Hummus Pizza, Onion-Anchovy Pizza, Pulled Brisket Pizza or Mexican Pizza.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (12-inch) pizzasServings
- 4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1½ cups warm water (at about 110°F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for the bowl
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 4 cups flour plus more for rolling dough
1. In a large bowl, stir together yeast, water, sugar, evoo, salt, and flour until the dough is evenly moist and no lumps remain.
2. Oil a large bowl and transfer dough. Oil the top of the dough and cover. Allow to sit for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and divide in half for 2 (12-inch) crusts, or smaller for individual pizzas.
4. Roll out dough. Transfer to pans and top as desired.
5. Preheat oven to 500°F. Bake until crust has browned and is a bit bubbly, about 8 to 12 minutes.