Top this Puree of Bean and Vegetable Soup with sauteed, golden brown onions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can peas and carrots, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn niblets, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup liquid non-dairy creamer or plain soy milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Imagine Organic No-Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 4 frozen crushed garlic cubes (or 4 medium garlic cloves)
1. Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do this in batches; do not overload blender.
2. Transfer mixture to a 6-quart stockpot, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
3. Ladle into bowls and serve warm as a soup, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold as a bean dip.
Tip: Whether serving hot or cold, slice and sauté a few onions in olive oil until golden brown and place a spoonful in each bowl or in the center of a platter.