An all-in-one main dish combing the best of vegetables - pumpkin, zucchini, and potatoes - with chicken for a sumptuous dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 pounds cut up chicken
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1" cube
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1/4" slices
- lemon wedges, optional
1. Heat the oil in a skillet.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown, turning to brown evenly and adding onion and garlic during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
3. Add the potatoes and pumpkin.
4. In a bowl combine the wine, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Add zucchini. Cover and cook about 5 minutes more or until chicken and vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Serve with the pan juices as sauce.
If desired, garnish with lemon wedges.