These came out amazing with White Whole Wheat flour, if you using regular whole wheat they will be a little darker.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 ServingsServings
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. For filling, mix pumpkin with the rest of the filling ingredients, set aside.
- For dough, beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a mixer or by hand. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch thick, cut out rounds with a cup or biscuit cutter.
- Drop a teaspoon of filling in the middle of the circles, pinch three corners together forming a triangle. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Egg wash if desired to make them shiny.
Nutrition Information for 1 cookie: 94 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 13 g of carboyhdrate, 1.2 g fiber, 2 g of protein