- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 21/2 cups raisin bran flake cereal
- 1/3 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (about 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2 In a large bowl, stir together cereal, pumpkin, milk, eggs and oil.
3 In a medium bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder and spices until well combined.
4 Stir flour mixture and walnuts into pumpkin mixture.
5 Scoop batter into muffin cups. If desired, add cheese filling and walnut crunch as directed below.
6 Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted through side of muffin top comes out clean.
Source: California Walnut Board