This pumpkin soup can be made with either fresh or canned pumpkin and is so easy to put together you will be making it every week in no time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 1 large onion, diced medium
- 3 stalks celery, diced medium
- 2 carrots, diced medium
- 1 large leek, diced medium
- 2 cups pumpkin, fresh, cooked or canned
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1 cup soy milk, rice milk, or half and half
- Place all the ingredients in a stock pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then serve.