Pumpkin Seed Brittle makes a great snack or topping for cupcakes, cakes, and other fall desserts. This brittle can be stored in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Follow these tips to make Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 to 4Servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or pepitas (link under photo)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sea salt
1. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, corn syrup, and water for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mixture reaches 350°F when measured with a candy thermometer.
3. Stir Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, evoo, and baking soda into pan with caramelized sugar.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes to cool and harden. When completely cooled, break into pieces. Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days.