- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 dozenServings
- 1 package frozen pie dough, puff pastry or homemade dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated. Set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
3. Flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll out the pastry until it is 1⁄8” thick (skip if unnecessary). With a cup or cookie cutter, cut out circles in the pastry and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Take your leftover dough and roll it out to the same thickness. Cut more circles, until you have used up all your dough.
4. Place a spoonful of pumpkin filling into each circle of dough. Pinch the corners together to form triangles. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Bake until golden.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW