With this healthier version of cake in a mug you can have your cake and eat it too in under 10 minutes. This recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast, snack or dessert for one.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ounces (about 1/2 medium) roasted sweet potato
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Generous pinch salt
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey, (optional) to taste
1. Mash the sweet potato well in the bottom of a large microwave safe coffee mug.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well with a fork until well combined.
3. Microwave the cup on high for three minutes. Test the cake with a toothpick, it should come out dry. If not, cook for an additional thirty seconds.
4. Drizzle the maple syrup over the cake, if desired, and serve immediately.