A yummy side dish. Not too sweet so not like a dessert and perfect for Shabbos lunch because they can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature.A lot of muffins come out of this batch, but stick the extras in the freezer- they freeze very nicely.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 dozenServings
- 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour. You won't have the whole wheat taste in this recipe. You can also use 1/2 or whole white flour or use 1/2 or whole regular whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup canola oil. You can substitute some unsweetened applesauce for some of the oil.
- 1 tablespoon water or soymilk
1. Mix together all ingredients. Be sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
2. Pour into muffin liners and bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs.