Pumpkin spice flavors in cupcake form, with lots of real pumpkin. A perfect Fall dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 cupcakesServings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup chai tea concentrate such as Oregon Chai or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chai Spiced Frosting
- 2 lbs. confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 8 to 10 tablespoons chai tea concentrate, e.g. Oregon Chai
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with 3 dozen cupcake liners.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, chai tea concentrate, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix on low until smooth.
5. Distribute the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each one halfway.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until the cupcakes spring back to the touch. Allow to cool before frosting.
1. In the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle, combine confectioners' sugar, shortening, vanilla, and salt.
2. Slowly add the chai tea concentrate, and mix on low until smooth and creamy.
3. Mix in the spices.
4. Frost the cupcakes.