- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 cup shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- 12 small slider or dinner rolls
- 1/2 large jicama
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Mango Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Worchestire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Make slaw by shredding jicama in a food processor fitted with the shredding blade. Place in bowl. To jicama, add red and yellow pepper. Toss vegetables with cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, sugar, and salt. Reserve.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, cider vinegar, salt and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine and heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add diced mango, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
Pour into the bowl of food processor and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and add cilantro.
Stir in chicken and heat through, about 4-5 minutes. Serve on small slider rolls. Slaw may be served on top of chicken or on side.