When it comes to teens, pizza is often one of their major food groups. According to my nephews, so is beef. What could be more perfect than a Pulled Brisket Pizza!
Editor's Note: Cooking time for this recipe does not include Pulled Brisket. Prepare to cook the meat at least 6 hours in advance in the crockpot.
Substitute: Make this recipe using chicken pre-cooked on low for 4-8 hours.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Pulled brisket or leftover brisket
- 16 oz. ready made pizza dough
- Caramelized Onions, optional
- Roasted vegetables of choice, optional
1. Prepare Pulled Brisket or shred leftover brisket.
2. Divide pizza dough into four equal pieces (4 oz. each).
3. Form each piece into a round small pizza shape approximately 5" in diameter, rolling the edges to form a crust.
4. Brush with olive oil and place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake twenty minutes on a low rack at 400°F.
6. When dough is ready, top with shredded beef, roasted vegetables and caramelized onions from the slow cooker.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2014 Subscribe Now