These Pulled Beef Wontons are an easy-to-make appetizer. For a healthier version, steam the wontons in a steamer basket instead of frying.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 to 20Servings
- 20 square wonton wrappers
- ½ cup Jack's Gourmet BBQ Pulled Beef Brisket
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Place a teaspoonful of brisket into center of wonton wrapper. Fold like a hamantash (triangular shape) or shape of your choice.
1. In a large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven, heat evoo on medium-high. Once evoo reaches 350°F when measured with a deep fry thermometer, place wontons in a few at a time. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. Transfer to prepared pan to drain. Serve immediately.
1. Fill a pot with ¼ to ½ inch of water, and simmer over medium heat. Spray a steamer basket with cooking spray. Place wontons inside, leaving a little space between, so they aren't touching. Place the lid on the steamer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Remove steamed wontons an place on a heated baking sheet or plate. Repeat until all wontons are cooked. Serve immediately.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.