Preserved lemons add a ton of flavor to your dishes, they are the magic ingredient in all the Middle Easter dishes you love so much, you won't believe how they dress up this salad.
If you can't buy preserved lemons where you live, make your own. Learn how to preserve lemons and how to use them here.
Make Ahead Tip: Store cooked bulgur in fridge up to 2 days.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped preserved lemons (use all parts of lemon)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils, to garnish
- Pomegranate molasses, optional garnish
1. Place bulgur in a small bowl and cover with boiling hot water by 1/2-inch. Set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
2. While bulgur is soaking, combine parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions in a large bowl.
3. Shake olive oil, lemon juice, preserved lemons, pepper flakes and kosher salt in a sealable jar until emulsified.
4. Drain bulgur, toss with dressing, vegetables and herbs. Drizzle remaining dressing over top.
5. Garnish with pomegranate arils and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses, if desired.