These delicious Power Packed Oat Bars are filled with great ingredients and provide long-lasting energy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line and grease an 8 inch square baking pan with wax paper.
2. In a saucepan, melt together the butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt.
3. In a bowl, combine the oats, dried apples, apricots, cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and the coconut.
4. Stir in the butter and syrup mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pan and press down with a potato masher to compress and level the surface.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
7. Allow to cool completely before lifting from the pan. Store in the fridge.
Contributed by:ANNABEL KARMEL
These delicious flapjack type bars are packed full of nutritious ingredients. Oats provide long-lasting energy as the fiber in oats slows down the rate at which sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of iron and zinc and sunflower seeds are rich in vitamins E and B. Dried apricots are one of nature's great health foods and they are rich in beta-carotene and iron.