This great combination of potatoes and zucchini makes for a great pancake. Substitute matzo meal for the flour and your Chanukkah latkes become kosher for Pesach!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium baking potato, unpeeled and shredded
- 1/2 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
1. Combine potato, zucchini, onion, egg white and flour in medium bowl until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Drop potato mixture into skillet by 1/3 cupfuls. Flatten pancakes with spatula.
Cook about 5 minutes per side or until browned.
Save time by shredding both the potato and zucchini in a food processor fitted with a shredding disc. There's no need to wash the bowl in between because all the ingredients are mixed together before cooking. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Substitute matzo meal for the flour and use this recipe for Pesach.