These vegetarian tacos pack tons of flavor. The combo of crispy potatoes, earthy portobello mushrooms, savory caramelized onions are an incredible treat. Partnered with some awesome condiments like chipotle mayo, chunky guacamole and roasted tomatillo salsa...you've got yourself a taco party for the ages!
Related: Mexican Family Dinners
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
½ pound new potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
1 large red onions, sliced thinly
2 large Portobello mushrooms, gills scraped out, mushroom cap and stem sliced thinly
4 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup best quality mayonnaise
1 chipotle pepper (from canned chipotles in Adobo), mashed to a puree with a fork
2 teaspoons lime juice
1. Bring a pot of water with potatoes to the boil. Cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with a paring knife. Do not over-cook or they will be mushy. Cool potatoes.
2. Sauté red onion, in a large sauté pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat, until caramelized and dark brown. Slice cooked potatoes thinly and add them to the pan. You may need to add more evoo. Cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are crispy and golden.
3. Add mushrooms and stems. You may need to add a little more evoo, and continue cooking until browned and softened. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until garlic has softened.
4. Transfer filling to a bowl and keep warm.
1. Mix mayo, chipotle and lime juice in a small bowl.
To Assemble the Tacos:
Preheat oven to 250°F
1. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven for 10 minutes and keep warm.
2. Arrange filling, salsa, cheese, guacamole, chipotle mayo in separate bowls and serve.