- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 serving ServingsServings
- 2 medium Idaho Potatoes (5.5 oz. each), washed and diced
- cooking spray
- 1 pound frozen white bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (chives, parsley, oregano, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pat thawed bread dough onto the pan, forming a 9-inch round. Spray the dough with cooking spray and allow to rise in a warm place until nearly doubled.
2 Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium mixing bow, toss together remaining ingredients. Spray another baking sheet with cooking spray. Transfer potato mixture to baking sheet, spreading mixture evenly to make one layer. Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
3 Turn oven heat down to 350°. Transfer cooled potato mixture to top of bread dough, being sure to include all browned bits from baking sheet.
4 Gently press mixture onto bread dough, distributing evenly to the edges of bread dough round. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission