A potato soup that is yummy, cheesy and definitely not for the faint of heart (lots of goodies AND cholesterol!). Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups (2-pounds) potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 to 7 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup shredded processed cheese (any process cheese product)
- Thinly sliced scallion
1. In a 4-quart large, heavy sauce pot combine the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, broth and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boiling; reduce heat.
2. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir together flour and melted butter; stir into soup mixture.
3. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
4. Stir in whipping cream; heat through.
5. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and scallions.