- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Portabella Omelet
- 1 medium Portabella mushroom
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup (about 3/4 ounce) Swiss cheese, grated Portabella Mushroom “Bacon”
- 2 Portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning, mesquite
1. Remove stem from mushroom. Cut mushroom in half and thinly slice. Heat a 10-inch non-stick sauté pan over high heat.
2. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes, just until gently browned.
3. Beak the eggs into a mixing bowl and add the green onions, water, salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until combined.
4. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan and swirl to evenly distribute. Gently add the egg mixture to the pan and swirl to distribute evenly.
5. Top with the grated cheese, cook 5 minutes until egg is cooked through. Fold one side of omelet over the other half.
6. Gently remove from pan and onto the serving plate. Top with the Portabella “Bacon” and serve.
7. Portabella Mushroom “Bacon”: Heat oven to 325°F. Brush sliced mushrooms with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the mushrooms and place in oven. Bake 50 minutes, or until crisp, turning each slice over every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread on cooling rack.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com