- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 serving ServingsServings
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1-1/2 cups Idahoan Premium Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped ready-to-eat fresh baby spinach, plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8"x8" baking pan
2 In a large bowl, whisk milk, water and egg yolks; microwave just until hot. Stir in Instant potatoes; set aside.
3 In a large skillet, heat oil. Add shallots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, chopped spinach, salt and pepper; sauté another minute. Set aside.
4 Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold gently into potato mixture. Spoon half of the potatoes into the prepared pan, sprinkle with half of the cheese. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over cheese.
5 Top with remaining potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6 Bake 20 minutes until puffy and edges begin to brown. Garnish plates with reserved whole spinach leaves. Serve warm.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission