- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- For the Potatoes:
- 3 1/2 ounces salted butter, melted
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces American cheese, shreddedFor the Breading
- All purpose flour, as needed
- 5 cups buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 box (15oz) shredded wheat, large biscuitsFor the Pepper Jelly
- 1/2 ounce pecti
- 3 cups red bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper, minced
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 2/3 cups Granulated sugar
1Clean Idaho® potatoes and place on sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked throughout.
2 Remove from oven and let cool. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato into a large bowl.
3 Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until 80% mashed. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4 Form potato balls using a 1 ounce scoop. Allow to cool before breading.
1 In another bowl add the buttermilk with the salt, black pepper, cayenne and granulated garlic. Mix well.
2 In a third bowl, add the shredded wheat and crush with hands until all chunks have been crushed.
3 Dust potato balls in flour and add to seasoned buttermilk.
4 Place potato balls in shredded wheat and roll around until coated all over. Continue until all potato balls have been breaded.
5 To cook, fry in a preheated 350 degree fryer until golden brown.
Hot Pepper Jelly
1 Add all ingredients except pectin to a sauce pot. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
2 Add pectin and continue to cook for 1 minute.
3 Keep warm for serving.
Source: Porcupine Potatoes