The addition of tart pomegranate molasses and fresh lemony ginger to homemade applesauce perfectly gilds the lily.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 quartServings
- Basic homemade applesauce recipe
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses*
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1. Add the pomegranate molasses and ginger when cooking the applesauce.
2. Once applesauce cools, mix in fresh pomegranate seeds.
* Pomegranate molasses or pomegranate syrup is a very thick, slightly sweet and tart syrup that is made from reduced pomegranate juice. Pomegranate molasses can be found in many grocery stores, online and at Middle Eastern markets.