Poached apples are great on their own or served along side an apple honey cake. Pure fall flavor in a healthy treat.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 firm apples, peeled, cored, sliced or cut into round circles with a mellon baller or apple corer
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup apple brandy or apple liquor
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil.
2. Simmer for fifteen minutes.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Place in covered container with all the liquid and serve chilled with honey cake.