Cancel the pizza delivery! We have pizza hamantaschen for the holiday. Now you can eat hamantaschen for dinner!
TIMESAVER: Use store-bought pizza dough or Tnuva Puff Pastry Dough in place of the Hamantaschen dough.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 20 to 24 small hamantaschenServings
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
1. In a food processor pulse flour, butter, egg yolk, sour cream, salt, and sugar until a coarse meal is formed. With machine running, add water and vinegar, a bit at a time, until dough pulls together.
2. Turn dough out onto counter and knead a few turns to combine. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 2 days.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Roll dough out to quarter-inch thickness. Cut dough into 3-inch circles. Spoon sauce into center.
3. Sprinkle cheeses over sauce.
4. Brush edges with egg wash and fold over into a triangle, seal tightly, be sure corners are firmly pressed together. Place hamantaschen on prepared pan and leave about 2 inches between for dough to expand.
5. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.