- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 sheets matzah
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt and pepper
4 tablespoons pizza sauce
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place 2 pieces of matzah in a dish filled with water to soak for 30 seconds.
- Remove the matzah and shake off the excess water. Break into approximately 1 inch sized piece.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the pieces of matzah and let it fry up for a minute while you scramble the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the eggs before pouring over the matzah in the pan.
- Gently flip the mixture until the eggs are almost cooked throughout, then flatten with a spatula.
- Flip the matzo brei onto a plate and then place back into the pan so the bottom is now on top.
- Scoop the tomato sauce onto the matzah brei and sprinkle the cheese. Cover the pan with a lid (or aluminum foil) for long enough for the cheese to melt. Serve nice and hot!