Why settle for the same pickled veggies, when you can make your own? These pickles pair well with our Autumn Charcuterie Board. Our favorites are cherry tomatoes, sliced daikon, mushrooms, grapes, plums, and pearl onions, but this recipe works on any of your favorite fruits and veggies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 Cups Pickling LiquidServings
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise pieces
- 2 dried hot chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- Pickling items: grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced daikon radishes, mushrooms, grapes, plums, or pearl onions
1. To make the basic pickling liquid, bring water, vinegar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, star anise, chilies, coriander, peppercorns, fennel seeds and mustard seeds to a simmer in a large stock pot.
2. Pour over any of the pickling items. Allow to come to room temperature before storing, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Serve along with our Autumn Charcuterie Board.