- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound chicken fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup date syrup or honey
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
For the Dough:
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (to brush the dough)
- 4 tablespoon oil, for cooking (preferably canola)
- Fresh sage leaves
- Short wooden skewers (half skewers)
- Optional: 1 bottle dry sparkling wine of your preference, chilled
- Mix the date syrup and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Marinate the chicken fillets in mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread two phyllo sheets on a kneading surface, brushing with olive oil. Brush the second sheet with olive oil. Cut the dough into rectangles 1 ½-inch wide and 6 inches in length. Add a fresh sage leaf per each rectangle
- Place a piece of chicken on the narrow edge of each rectangle, fold in the left margin to the chicken piece and roll. Insert a skewer in the center of the roll. Repeat with all pieces of chicken.
- Cook: Heat 4 tablespoons of canola oil in a large frying pan and sauté the rolls 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Serving: Pour the chilled sparkling wine into the glasses, place a chicken skewer on the rim of each cup. Serve immediately.
Courtesy of: Laisha Magazine
Senior Chef: Michal Levi Elhallel
Junior Chef: Zahi Ben Shbaath
Styling: Pesi Barnitzki