- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 rack of lamb (8 chops) “French trimmed” of all excess fat
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Honey Walnut Sauce
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped California walnuts, toasted
1 Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2 n a food processor or blender, add bread crumbs, walnuts, thyme, parsley, orange zest and salt and process to a coarse textur
3 Brush lamb with mustard
4 Press on the crumb coating.
5 Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
6 Roast for 30-40 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
7 For Dipping Sauce
8 In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, orange juice, olive oil and orange zest.
9 Heat until simmering.
10 Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Serve.
Source: California Walnut Board