- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2 :packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed to drain
- 7 :to 9 matzo
- 5 :eggs, separated
- 1 :lb. cottage cheese
- 3 :tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 :teaspoons salt
- 1/2 :lb. sliced Pepper Jack or Munster cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain spinach thoroughly.
- In a bowl break matzo up into small pieces.
- Cover with warm water just until beginning to soften.
- Drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl combine the spinach with matzo and set aside.
- In another bowl beat the egg yolks with cottage cheese, sour cream and salt. Set it aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer beat the egg whites until they form peaks and then fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Using a 9" square greased baking dish, spread half the egg mixture on the bottom of the pan, layer a few slices of cheese on top.
- Top the cheese top with the spinach mixture, then cover the spinach mixture with the rest of egg mixture.
- Cover the top with the rest of the sliced with sliced cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm.