You can use any cucumbers for this salad, but I just love the flavor and texture from the small Persian ones.
- Prep Time
3 Persian (small) cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup golden raisins
1. Quarter cucumbers lengthwise and slice them into 2½-inch sticks.
2. Place red wine vinegar, honey, and shallots in blender or food processor. With the blender or processor running, slowly add evoo. Add salt and pepper.
3. In a large salad bowl, toss cucumbers, onions, and raisins together. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010).