Make plenty; this scrumptious and eye-catching kosher Pepper Steak will have them begging for more.
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 2 pounds pepper steak strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- Jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions:(optional)
- Rinse pepper steak, pat dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend cornstarch with cold water until smooth. Pour over steak.
- Add honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add peppers and onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are softened.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, sauté steak and honey mixture for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until beef is cooked through.
- In a large serving bowl, combine peppers and onions with steak and mix. Serve warm with Jasmine rice, if desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER