- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili powder dried
- 1 tablespoon gingeroot peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cup butternut squash peeled & chopped (roughly 1 entire squash)
- 14 ounce kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-2 scotch bonnet pepper(s) diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cup stock vegetable
Saute onions, garlic, chili powder, gingeroot, coriander, salt, and pepper together until onions are translucent. Put into greased crockpot and add butternut squash kidney beans,diced tomatoes ,scotch bonnet pepper, vegetable stock. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or high for 4-5). In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the green bell pepper and coconut milk.
You can also do this recipe on the stovetop. Follow all steps, but when you put soup on the stovetop, cover & set burner on lowest setting. The soup will be almost done with the butternut squash soften. Add the bell pepper and coconut milk 30 minutes before you're done cooking.
This soup is hearty enough to be a main dish.