- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 package (4 links) Jack’s Gourmet Sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, diced
- 4 red bell peppers, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook over low heat until caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add peppers and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Puree soup in a blender or using a stick blender and adjust seasoning.
1. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with 2 tsp oil. Add sausage and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
2. To serve, ladle soup into bowl and garnish with sausage