Cream cheese based spread made with sour cherries and pecans that goes well with scones or crackers for a nice snack, hors devour, or appetizer.
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 cup water
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- Scones or crackers as accompaniments
1. In a small heavy saucepan, simmer cherries in water until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Remove pan from heat and cool mixture.
2. In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese, pecans, lime juice, thyme, zest, cherry mixture, and salt and pepper to taste until spread is combined well.
3. Spread may be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, covered.
Serve spread with scones or crackers.