I enjoy baking biscotti when the weather starts cooling down because it goes perfect with that afternoon coffee that we all wait for when we start feeling tired by midday. I used silan (date syrup) to reduce to amount of sugar but keep the sweetness to this delicate afternoon treat. Featuring pecans and orange, this is the perfect biscotti!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
- Zest from one orange plus 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons silan
2 tablespoons olive oil
3½ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup chopped pecans
1. In the bowl of a mixer, combine eggs with sugar. Mix on high speed. Add the orange zest, orange juice, silan, oil. Incorporate the flour, baking powder and chopped pecans.
2. Store covered in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
4. Form two long logs and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Slice the logs thinly and place them face up. Bake for an other 15 to 20 minutes.