Goat cheese is easier on the human digestive system and lower in calories, cholesterol, and fat than other kinds of cheese. But like other cheese it’s also a good source of calcium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin K, phosphorus, niacin, and thiamin.
- Prep Time
- 1½ ounces goat cheese
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 to 4 very thin slices fresh pear
- Pinch cardamom or ground cinnamon
1. Spread goat cheese on toast.
2. Top with pear slices.
3. Sprinkle cardamom or cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 330 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g