- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 cup onions peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil peanut or vegetable
- .5 teaspoon cayenne pepper dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic cloves pressed
- 2 cup cabbage chopped
- 3 cup sweet potatoes peeled and 1-inch cubes
- 3 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingeroot peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1.5 to 2 cup okra chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- .5 cup peanut butter
Saute the onions in oil until translucent in a large soup pot.
Stir in the cayenne and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add cabbage and sweet potatoes. Saute, covered, for 2-3 minutes.
Add tomato juice, apple juice, salt, gingeroot, cilantro, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Add the okra and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the peanut butter, reduce stovetop heat to lowest setting, and simmer gently until ready to serve. Add juice or water if stew is too thick.