These truffles are a salty but sweet treat that only have one extra step to the recipe compared to a traditional truffle, but are a mouth-full of delicious flavour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 truffles ServingsServings
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy whipping cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips, optional
1. Place the chocolate and margarine in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir and repeat this process one more time.
2. Separately, heat the cream over medium heat until simmering. Remove from the heat and pour over the melted chocolate mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir the chocolate until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
3. Add peanut butter, and with a rubber spatula, stir the chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
4 Pour the chocolate mixture, called ganache, into a bowl and refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out the ganache and roll into balls with your hands. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll in honey roasted peanuts and drizzle with melted peanut butter chip. Serve or store.