- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1-1/2 pounds ServingsServings
- 2 cups :sugar
- 1 cup :light corn syrup
- 1 cup :water
- 2 cups :raw Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon :salt
- 2 tablespoons :butter
- 2 teaspoon :baking soda
- Heat and stir sugar, syrup and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Add salt.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage (234 degrees). Add peanuts at 250 degrees.
- Cook to hard crack stage (290 degrees), stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Quickly, stir in butter and soda. Beat to a froth for a few seconds. Pour at once onto 2 well-buttered 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch pans, spreading with spatula.
- If desired, cool slightly and pull with forks to stretch thin. Break up when cold.