This classical potato dish is served throughout Spain—it could be
their most popular appetizer. The potatoes are paired with a smooth
dipping sauce—the combination is comforting, flavorful, and simple at
the same time.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil for frying
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, paprika, and garlic powder. Set aside.
1. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add potatoes in a single layer, and fry, turning until golden on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve with Aioli.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.