- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 PeopleServings
Beef Shish Kabob
- 2-2.5 pound Grow and Behold Pastured Beef for kabobs
- 4 tablespoon ketchup (preferably without hfcs)
- 2 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounce red wine, dry or semi-dry
- 2 large garlic cloves
- pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Sara's Spring Chicken Breast or Thigh Filet, cubed
- 1 lime, rind grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon chopped basil, it's very good to mix basil varieities including thai, lemon and lime basil)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- chopped basil
- about 4-5 lbs of mixed vegetables for grilling - use an assortment, red onions, yellow and green squash, red, yellow and green peppers.
Beef Shish Kabob
Mix all ingredients together and marinate meat. This is enough for approximately 2-2.5 lbs. This recipe can be easily double or tripled. This is an excellent marinade for steaks.
Chicken should marinate for no more than 3 hours in this marinade. You may cube the chicken and marinate in the olive oil and wine overnight, or up to 48 hours. Prepare the rest of the marinade ingredients in a glass jar and refrigerate. Then pour marinade over chicken at least 30 minutes prior to cooking but no more than 3 hours. Otherwise the texture of the chicken begins to change! This marinade is great on chicken breasts or grilled chicken on the bone.
Mix marinade ingredients and toss over vegetables about 30 minutes before cooking.
To make kebobs:
If using wooden skewers – soak skewers in water for at least one hour. If using metal skewers – soak a shett of towel paper with olive oil and coat the skewers with olive oil. This will make it much easier to get the meat off the skewers and the metal will wash easily. Thread vegetables and meat or chicken on to each. Skewer. I start and end with vegetables.
Don’t mix chicken and beef on the same skewer because the cooking times differ and the chicken will dry out while you are waiting for the beef to cook. Heat up the grill to medium –high. Spray grates with grill spray. Place threaded kebobs on the grill. Turn over chicken kebobs after about 8 minutes, beef kebobs after about 12 minutes. Total cooking time for chicken kebobs is about 12 minutes and beef kebobs is about 18 minutes. Adjust according to heat of your grill and personal taste for doneness of meat.
Enjoy with rice or crusty bread and salad.