- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 oz whole-wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, rinsed, cored, and cubed
- 1/4 C fresh basil leaves, rinsed, dried, and cut into ?-inch wide slivers
- 3 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese (chunk package), cubed
- 8 pitted black olives, cut into long slivers
1 In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
2 Add spaghetti, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 6 minutes. (Whole-wheat pasta tends to fall apart if overcooked.)
3 Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and set aside. Drain spaghetti.
4 Add the spaghetti back into the pasta pot. Toss with olive oil and just enough reserved water to coat well.
5 Add the tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and olives. Toss gently until well mixed.
6 Divide pasta evenly among four dinner plates (about 2¼ cups each). Serve immediately.