Passover potato pancakes with dill that are a treat all year round.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4-1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
1. Cut potatoes into large chunks and boil in water until soft. Drain and allow to cool.
2. Once cool, mash with 2 tablespoons oil, eggs, salt, pepper and dill. Stir in potato starch until thoroughly combined, and refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a heavy non-stick pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
4. Place 1/4 cup of batter at a time into the hot oil, using the back of a spatula to press flat until each pancake is no more than 1/4 to 1/3" thick. Cook until golden-brown on each side (2-3 minutes per side), flipping once.
5. Place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Serve while hot.