Pineapple kugel is sweet and tasty and gets a burst of freshness from tangy whipped cream cheese and perfect for Passover or any time.
Thank you to Toby Ash our Balabusta Next Door from last year's Passover Magazine for giving me this recipe. I just turned it up a notch with the addition of my favorite Passover whipped cream cheese. I am also giving you two for the price of one. Use the same recipe to either create a nice large kugel or make them in individual ramekins or disposable tins. After baking, turn them upside down for a Passover Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 (8 oz.) container Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 level tablespoons (3/4 cup) potato starch or flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (20 oz.) can tropical crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup neutral flavored oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cored pineapple rings for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2.Combine cream cheese and sugar mix well. Add eggs and mix well. Slowly pour in potato starch as you stir the mixture. Add baking powder, crushed pineapple and oil, mix well. Add vanilla and stir again. A little lumpy is totally fine.
3. Place into a well greased round 9-inch pan and decorate with pineapple rings. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.