Pineapple kugel is sweet and tasty and gets a burst of freshness from tangy whipped cream cheese and perfect for Passover or any time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 (8 oz.) container Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 level tablespoons (3/4 cup) potato starch or flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (20 oz.) can tropical crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup neutral flavored oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cored pineapple rings for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2.Combine cream cheese and sugar mix well. Add eggs and mix well. Slowly pour in potato starch as you stir the mixture. Add baking powder, crushed pineapple and oil, mix well. Add vanilla and stir again. A little lumpy is totally fine.
3. Place into a well greased round 9-inch pan and decorate with pineapple rings. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
Adapted from a similar recipe by Toby Ash seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Passover 2012 edition - Subscribe Now