Use on tomatoes or pasta or anything.
- 1 1/2 cups ServingsServings
- 1 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pignoli nuts (pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Romano cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Remove and discard the parsley stems, wash and dry the leaves and place in a food processor work bowl. Add the garlic and pignoli nuts and process for 15 seconds. Scrape the sides of the work bowl and process for another 15 seconds. With the machine still on, add the olive oil gradually through the pinhole in the feed tube. Process until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan and Romano cheeses, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.